Friday, August 26, 2011

Moving in Together

Well, Hawks & I officially moved in together on August 12th. It only took me this long to blog about it because I've been stressed up to my eyeballs with other stuff.

I absolutely love the house, I do. I think every one of us does. We're no longer stepping all over each other which is awesome. I really do wish I could have taken a picture of my old master bedroom & put it side by side with a picture of my new master bedroom. You'd be amazed at the size difference. I know I still am. In fact, last week while I was on vaca, Astrid (our dog) and I danced in my room, literally, to Rick Astley. Don't judge. I didn't have room to do that in my old room.

There are a few things I miss about my old place. One thing that sticks out the most that Hawks has not-so-strongly-worded would not be at the new place that we share. THE JUNK DRAWER! I no longer have a junk drawer. It's driving me nuts. Where will I put my junk? I have junk. It needs a place.

I miss having me, the washer/dryer, bedrooms and the same floor all together. Now it's all up or down. Washer/dryer on main level with rooms up & down stairs. The good thing is that Bunky can do her own damn laundry. That saves me a trip downstairs.

I also kind of miss not having to mow. Don't get me wrong, I do love to mow. Seriously, no bullshit. However it is so frustrating that we currently do not own a mower (we never needed one) and I can see that the grass is starting to need a mow-cut. I don't have the proper tools damn it!

I miss how close everything was to the old place. The only thing close now is the Miller Mart, and a small strip mall of businesses I most likely won't use - A Salon, A Fly Fishing/Tackle Shop, A Massage Place, A Deli, and a Farm Insurance Company for like farmers and stuff. I mean let's be honest, the only two stores there I can definitely see me using is the Miller Mart gas station & the liquor store.

Anyroo, that's my update for now. I have to get ready to leave to head home for Final Friday. Stay tuned til next time for the "Evil Honey Locust Trees" or "How I Pouted Until the State Removed the Honey Locust Trees"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

KiK loves comments, feedback, and suggestions. Got something to say? Say it. If you'd prefer to contact Kimberlee directly, send an email to: kimberlee [dot] bourdon [at] gmail [dot] com