Friday, October 15, 2010

Confessions of a Dork

I'm BATMAN!So this is a new obsession. My fiance likes to refer to it as a phase. Apparently I go through a lot of different phases & he tolerates them so I guess it's not all bad.
Recently I started getting into web-comics. Not just a little bit, but like a lot. It started innocent enough with Girls With Slingshots. I loved reading new strips Mon-Fri but then Saturday & Sunday would roll around & waiting sucked. I started searching for new reads, new comics that could fill the update-less days in between. This lead me to other comics like Fox Trot, Something Positive, Nerf This, Under the Influence, All New Issues, Scout Crossing, Dumbing of Age and the one that brought me to Batman... Shortpacked! I told you it's a new obsession so just stop shaking your head right now at all the links.
Shortpacked will do a strip every so often with Batman claiming to whoever will listen that he is Batman. "I'm Batman!" I'm usually so easily amused that the randomness of it in the strip cracks me up like you would not believe. I've changed my computer wallpaper often to a particular strip that has had me completely "LOL'd" for days.
I know a lot of people don't get it, and that's fine, It's one of those "You had to be there" scenarios I guess. Well that is the short story of why I love Batman. Just for the hell of it though, I'll throw in some more. I'm nice like that.

  • Batman is human. Duh! He is proof that just about anyone can be a super hero. Batman shows that you don't need super abilities to stand up for what's right. Okay so his alter-ego Bruce Wayne is one rich mo-fo and can afford the technology that it requires to be just a lil more super than the average Joe with all those cool ass toys.
  • He's not just some guy in tights. Batman's costume strikes fear into the criminals of Gotham City. He's dark, mysterious, and driven by the death of his parents. So he's kinda messed up and well, that's kinda hot.
  • The Batmobile! Need I say more? Superman gets to fly, Spiderman gets to swing, but Batman gets to ride around in style. Who else can fight crime and still look fresh? I'm pretty sure that the Batmobile is like a gazillion times more awesome than Kit from Nightrider. Seriously the bat ride was like the first ever car with GPS. You think your OnStar is cool? His bat wheels are linked up to his computer in the Batcave. Oh OnStar doesn't do that for you? You don't have a batcave? Well then.
Still don't love Batman like I do? Well okay then, I get that. Nobody can love Batman like I do. Nobody!!!

I'm Batman!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

KiK loves comments, feedback, and suggestions. Got something to say? Say it. If you'd prefer to contact Kimberlee directly, send an email to: kimberlee [dot] bourdon [at] gmail [dot] com