Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break 11' - Playlist

On road trips I love having a set playlist and this Spring Break traveling is no different other than the fact that I'm sharing it on my bloggity blog with you.

I use to be a DJ, for 6 years in fact. True story. Okay so I wasn't on an actual FM/AM radio station nor did I go to local clubs & spin on expensive equipment with a crate of records next to my feet - I was an online radio DJ. I started with a station called "Liquid Dreams" then moved on to "Inferno Radio" and finally my best friend & I decided after a few years that we didn't need/want to be managed anymore and bought our own station. It started out as "Minx Radio" & was a mix of everything. Later it evolved into "Dirty Monkey Radio" & became more of a hobby rather than the almost full time gig it use to be in the beginning. I was the 80s/New Wave 80's DJ and of course, the SKA DJ. I miss it sometimes and I was really good at it, if I do say so myself.

Full of 80-90's goodness, I give you my Spring Break 11' Playlist:

  1. The Cure - Close to Me
  2. Haircut 100 - Love Plus One
  3. Duran Duran - The Reflex
  4. Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
  5. The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
  6. Devo - Girl U Want
  7. Squeeze - Tempted
  8. Erasure - Who Needs Love
  9. Love & Rockets - No New Tale to Tell
  10. Morrissey - November Spawned a Monster
  11. Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
  12. INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
  13. Jane's Addiction - Jane Says
  14. Violent Femmes - Add It Up
  15. Devo - Whip It
  16. Stray Cats - Rock This Town
  17. Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
  18. Squeeze - Hour Glass
  19. Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey
  20. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
  21. The Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma
  22. Erasure - A Little Respect
  23. The Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong
  24. Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
  25. Scandal - Goodbye to You
  26. Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
  27. The B-52's - Love Shack
  28. Elvis Costello - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding
  29. General Public - Tenderness
  30. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
  31. The Clash - I Fought the Law
  32. 'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
  33. Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
  34. Erasure - Oh L'Amour
  35. Modern English - I Melt With You
  36. OMD - Live and Die
Apparently you cannot put 36 songs  on CD, so load the iPod baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

KiK loves comments, feedback, and suggestions. Got something to say? Say it. If you'd prefer to contact Kimberlee directly, send an email to: kimberlee [dot] bourdon [at] gmail [dot] com